- This event has passed.
April 23 @ 8:00 am - May 1 @ 5:00 pmR2000
Adventure awaits you!
Kosi Bay is the gem of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park World Heritage Site. The Mozambique border forms the northern boundary of the protected area and the Indian Ocean the eastern boundary
This is a diverse region of forest dunes, wetlands, sandy beaches, woodlands and warm seas, An unique ecosystem, comprising of the tapestry of Lakes, Kosi Bay Estuary, Kosi Bay Mouth and neighbouring beaches.
Kosi Bay Casitas is close to 3rd Lake of the Kosi Lake and Estuary System in the Isimangaliso Wetland Park. Casitas’ accommodation reflects Mozambican traditional style of building with thatch and reed. And all of the Cabins are named after towns in Mozambique. The word Casita is Portuguese for small house.
We have Shady campsites.
- Electrical points
- Braai facilities
- Beautiful clean, tiled and spacious ablutions with hot water
- Camp kitchen with gas stove
- Water Points nearby – Borehole water safe to drink
There is a sparkling pool to entertain the kids and a great restaurant on site that opens for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Casitas promotes various activities and things to do in the area, at an additional cost:
- Mozambique Style Restaurant
- Boat trips
- Dolphin swims (Ponta do Ouro Mozambique) (Passport Needed)
- 4×4 Trips
- Game drives (Tembe Elephant Park)
- Kayaking Tours
- Explore the Lakes
- Kosi Bay Mouth (R60 for Permits)
Please note that you can get to Kosi Bay Casitas with a normal car but you need a 4×4 to get to the Surrounding lakes and beaches. Casitas is situated 2.5 km from 3rd Lake and about 15km from Kosi Bay mouth which is the nearest beach.
NB. We have space for only 25 People. First come first served (Booking only valid on full payment.)
Cost PP: R2000 Camping – R3450 PP Cabana
- 23 April – Meeting Point @ Sasol Piet Retief 9:00 to Travel to Kosi Bay
- 24 April – Relax day – Explore at own Leisure – Potjie Kos/ Braai together from 14:00
- 25 April – Kosi Mouth via Isimangaliso Wetlands Park (Snorkelling)
- 26 April – Relax Day – Explore at own Leisure – Suzuki 4×4 Club Lunch at the Casitas Restaurant at 13:00 (Included)
- 27 April – Drive out to Lake 3 for the morning. Suzuki 4×4 Club Boat trip at 12:00 (Included)
- 28 April – Relax Day – Explore at own Leisure
- 29 April – Drive out to Black Rock Lala Nek and Bhanga Nek (Beach resorts)
- 30 April – Relax day , Camp clean and Breakdown
- 1 May – Return Home to Gauteng
This event is closed for bookings!